- Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments.
- Make sure to share the name of the book and the author so we know what you're reading.
- Feel free to share your first impressions with us based on the first line.
- Link your post at Rose City Reader, or if you don't have a blog, leave it in the comments below.
The book I'm reading right now is Banshee Charmer: Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency by Tiffany Allee
"What do we got Aggie?"
The detective pulled a handkerchief from his back pocket and wiped at the sweat beaded on the top of his bald head. Some people might have assumed his reaction was nerves, but I knew it had to be hot in the house he'd just walked out of.
My thoughts: Somewhat typical beginning for a book dealing with law enforcement - even if it's a parnormal book.
- Grab the book closest to you, any book will do.
- Turn to page 56.
- Choose the fifth (5th) sentence or a few more (just don't spoil it too much).
- Post it on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, post it in the comments below.
- Link your post to Freda's Voice.
I'm using the same book for my Friday 56: Banshee Charmer: Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency by Tiffany Allee
Reading on kindle with no page numbers - guestimating on page 56
Coffee brewing, I grabbed my laptop and logged in. A few passwords later I'd signed into the Illinois State Police Criminal Records Database. It wouldn't offer a complete search, but the national database was only accessible from behind the firewalls at the station.
My Thoughts: Well, someone is getting some work done, or at least attempting to.
About Banshee Charmer: Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency by Tiffany Allee:
Certain the killer is an incubus, Mac works behind her department’s back to chase down slim, sometimes perilous leads. While the killer eludes her, she does discover handsome Aidan Byrne, an investigative counterpart from the enigmatic Otherworlder Enforcement Agency. Mac typically runs her investigations fast and hard, but with Aidan at her side, she’s running this one “hot” as well. But Aidan knows more than he’s letting on—something that could shatter their blazing romance and add Mac to the killer’s growing body count…
Please play along and if you decide to follow my blog, let me know and I'll return the favor.