Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - Into The Lyon's Den by Rita Bay



"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which highlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is Into The Lyon's Den by Rita Bay.





Into The Lyon's Den
by Rita Bay
Release Date: August 2012, Champagne Book Group

About Into The Lyon's Den:


Wealthy recluse Anthony Lyons offers a mint to lure Marie Maxwell, Atlanta’s most sought-after event planner, to coordinate a wedding and reception for a “very special couple” on his isolated estate in the mountains of North Carolina.

Despite her sophisticated veneer, Marie’s a tough street-smart orphan without a past. Adopted by the owners of the elegant Hotel Maxwell, she’s been raised in the business. Known for her uncanny ability to “make things go right,” Marie accepts the challenge of planning a wedding for 200 guests in 10 days.

Marie soon discovers that an absent bride and groom is the least of her problems. Her arrogant and exasperating employer displays far too much interest in her and her personal life, especially her lost years. Confronted with a vengeful stalker, two thwarted murder attempts, and dark shadows from her shrouded past, she finds allies in an amorous feline of some unknown species and the mysterious Lady Bat. But who’s got it in for her? And what’s with Anthony and all the cats?


Why I'm Waiting on Into The Lyon's Den:

I'm looking forward to this book for a couple of reasons.  I'm a huge fan of shapeshifter books, the cover just yells "Buy Me" and I've never tried this author before.  Something about the blurb draws me in too....maybe the idea of Marie's lost years - oh and the fact we share a first name (though her's is the French version and mine is the Spanish).

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?


Want to play along? Just post your WoW entry on your blog and leave your link at Breaking the Spine and below.

6 comments:

  1. I love shapeshifter books as well. Great pick. I'll have to check this one out from the library when it comes out, for sure. Thanks for stopping by!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pick does sound like a great mystery book and Shapeshifter books automatically sound interesting. Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds like such a great read! Shapeshifter books always catch my attention, yet I haven't read that many. I'll definitely be reading this one though, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any that I can think of I'm waiting for at the moment. I love shapeshifters though so I will keep this book in mind. Love the cover. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do adore shapeshifters (why is that? so appealing--especially when they turn into a fierce and beautiful creature). Sounds like an intriguing story!

    ReplyDelete