Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Virtual Book Tour for Hers to Cherish by Patricia A. Knight



Join author Patricia A. Knight on her Virtual Book Tour for Hers to Cherish, presented by Reading Addiction Virtual Book Tours, from October 21 – November 18, 2013.  Please leave a comment or question for Patricia to let her know you stopped by.  You can follow the rest of Patricia’s tour here.



No Street Signs in Budapest by Patricia A. Knight

As a young woman, I had occasion to fly into Budapest, Hungary shortly after the fall of the Soviet Union. I was there
to meet up with "Korchi," my Hungarian horse-guide for a riding trip around his country. The picture to the left is accurate -- that is their tradition garb and they are extraordinary horsemen.

Our meeting point was a location within the city-center. (Downtown in "Americanese".) By myself, I collected my scant luggage -- you don't take much when you must pack everything on a horse -- and hailed a cab. I handed the cab driver my written instructions and settled back. Well . . . the route the driver took was circuitous and when he stopped the cab and hailed a passing pedestrian, I became suspicious that he didn't know 
where he was going.  He didn't. I did ultimately arrive and met up with Korchi, and the cab driver didn't charge me for his meanderings. I found out that it was not his fault. There were no street signs anymore.


When the Soviets absorbed Hungary into their union, they renamed all the historical streets in Budapest with modern Soviet names.  When Hungary regained its independence, the very first thing the Hungarians did was remove the communist street signs. Unfortunately, my arrival preceded their replacement with the old names.  Even if you were an inhabitant of Budapest and intimately familiar with the city, you regularly got lost.

I am in a similar situation now. I have just published my first book, happily to good reviews, but much of the promotion, even with a wonderful publisher, is on the author.  These days, that means *the throb of threatening music* -- SOCIAL MEDIA -- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Websites, Blogging . . . I'd rather be lost in Budapest!  Unless you have some familiarity with these platforms, you can wander for a lifetime  and never get where you want to go. Before I was published, I had no Facebook, no Goodreads, no Twitter, no website, no blog . . . yeah. I struggled to download and read my Kindle. You get the picture?

There is a happy ending in my case. One of my wonderful critique partners self-publishes -- successfully.  TWL (to preserve his innocence I’ll only use initials) has opened his map of social media and given me the street names.  On occasion, he even drives me there.  And my wonderful publisher . . . well, sigh, they could not have made it more easy.  So I sally forth, armed with my map. Passers-by will have to excuse me if I must stop from time to time and drag it out to find my bearings.


Hers to Cherish
by Patricia A. Knight
Verdantia, Book 3

Publisher: Troll River Publications
Release Date: August 25, 2013

Genre: Futuristic Romance
Length: 271 Pages

Add to Goodreads

Book Description:

When Ramsey DeKieran, disgraced nobleman and accused murderer, was offered a pardon Ram knew there'd be a catch. The High Lord of Verdantia offered him a clean slate in exchange for the off-world rescue of a Verdantian noblewoman – a suicide mission that had already cost the lives of good men. The one redeeming feature was the assistance of the stunning captain of Verdantia’s elite mercenary team.

For Captain Steffania Rickard, assisting DeKieran in the rescue of a woman critical to the future of Verdantia would be difficult enough. The rouge tripped all her triggers – good and bad. Infinitely worse, to fit into the culture of Vxloncia, she must pose as Ram's sex slave. The sexually dominant Ramsey was nothing if not perceptive and Steffania doubts her carefully disguised and deeply hidden desires will remain concealed.

Their mission takes on new meaning when they unmask a heinous program of enslavement, long cloaked in secrecy. Together they must find a way to overcome their initial animosity and recover a woman vital to the future of their race. Together, they would have to bring a malicious entity to justice. 

In the maelstrom of sex, savagery, domination and submission, Ram and Steffania will need all their wits and strength to survive.

Buy Link:  Amazon 


Patricia A. Knight

Patricia A. Knight is the pen name for an eternal romantic who lives in Dallas, Texas surrounded by her horses, dogs and the best man on the face of the earth – oh yeah, and the most enormous bullfrogs you will ever see. Word to the wise: don’t swim in the pool after I love to hear from my readers and can be reached at http://www.trollriverpub.com/ or http://www.patriciaaknight.com. Or send me an email at patriciaknight190@gmail.com. Check out my latest “Hunk of the Day,” book releases, contests and other fun stuff on my face book page: https://www.facebook.com/patricia.knight.71619

Website: http://www.patriciaaknight.com/
Twitter: @patriciaaknight
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/patricia.knight.71619
Google+: https://plus.google.com/107036153653534517237/posts
Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/patriciak4394/
  

1 comment: