Welcome to my stop on the Virtual Tour & Giveaway, presented by Reading Addiction Book Tours, for His Name Is Killian by Ella Adamian. Please leave a comment or question for Ella to let her know you stopped by. You can enter her tour wide giveaway by filling out the Rafflecopter form below. You can also follow Ella’s tour by clicking on the tour banner above. The more stops you visit, the better your odds of winning.
5 Tips for Becoming a Better Writer by Ella Adamian
- Write every day. This is the most obvious yet the most neglected tip. Many writers use excuses for procrastinating and will do anything but write. But if you consider yourself a professional author you need to write every single day. At least 1000 words. If you come to think about it, 1000 words isn't really a lot. You can easily find time for that much every day. Also, writer's block occurs when you don't know what you're going to write about. Outline one chapter and write 1000 words. In the end, you'll end up writing more than that.
- Read every day. You can't be a good writer if you don't read a lot. And don't just read one genre; pick something new, something you never thought you'd like. It's always good to know what happens to the characters in other genres and how they react in different situations.
- Take notes and write down new words. Keep notepads and once in a while go through them. It's always good to learn new words and phrases, and it will also make your vocabulary richer. But don't use a long word if there's a shorter one. Keep it simple.
- Watch the people around you, see how they interact with each other, and how they deal with complicated situations. Life is often the best teacher.
- Take a rest and relax. If you feel that the words are just not coming out, take a break and go out. Have a walk; do something you have never done before. It will let your mind rest and later you will become more productive. Also, stay positive. Yes, there are a lot of books out there, and every day there will be more. Yes, there will come a day when there will be more books than readers. But there are also a lot of musicians, singers, actors, as well as doctors, teachers, and lawyers. Just do what you love and do it the best way you can. There is always a reader waiting for your story. Keep calm and keep writing!
His Name Is Killian
By Ella Adamian
Killian, Book 1
Publisher: Midnight Publishing
Release Date: November 25, 2014
Genre: Erotic Romance
Length: 342 Pages
Buy Link: Amazon
*Currently on Sale on Kindle for $.99
About the book:
Killian Stone paints harpies.
Killian Stone is not into vanilla sex.
Killian Stone suffers from mood swings.
Killian Stone has done something very bad.
The day the painter approaches her on the bridge and asks her to pose for him is the beginning of a lust Melissa won’t be able to bridle. When Killian Stone offers her a month of submission, she’s already too captivated to turn him down. His unhinged sexuality lets her explore her own dark fantasies, but his anger outbursts are scary and devastating. As the time goes by, Melissa realizes there’s something more than just irritability and anger. He has done something which doesn’t let him rest.
EXCERPTKillian didn’t say more but ran after Melissa. She had almost reached the exit. When she saw the already familiar erotic images over the walls, she rushed forward, stumbled upon the iron door, told the guard to open it, and threw herself out of the building. The yellow light of the street pole hurt her eyes after they had been too long in the dark. She looked up, as if searching for solace in the dark skies, and at last took a deep breath of the cold air.“Melissa!” she heard his voice behind. She didn’t turn. Instead, she took a step, but her legs were losing their strength, and she felt weak in the knees.“Baby.” He was close now, and she turned around and pushed him in the chest.“Damn it! What the hell was all that for? What for?”Laughing, Killian tried to envelop his arms around her, but she shrank back.“Come here.” He made another attempt to hug her and met resistance again. “Come, stop it. Let me hug you, and you’ll calm down.”“Leave me!” she yelled louder as Killian forced his arms around her. “Leave me, you…pervert.”“Baby, sweet thing, little angel, I’m sorry if it scared you,” Killian muttered, pressing her to his chest and rubbing her back. “I didn’t think you were so impressionable. Those were just S and M games in a BDSM dungeon.”“You said it was a museum!” she cried out, trying to get out of his grip. Killian held her tighter, and her efforts became more vigorous.“Calm down,” he said, feeling her tears on his neck.“Why would you do that to me?”“Calm down.”“Let me go! I can’t stand you!” She pushed him harder, but the steel arms weren’t letting her free. The claustrophobic feeling was back again, and Lessi pushed him with all her force. At last he loosened his grip but didn’t let her slip through his hands and kept her at an arm’s length by her shoulders.“Calm down, nothing bad has happened,” he said as she again tried to get out of his arms. “Here, hit me.” Killian cupped her hands in his and balled her palms into fists. “Hit me, and you’ll feel better,” he said, hitting her hands against his chest.Melissa tried to pull her hands back, but he tightened his grip and once again hit himself with her fists. “Do it! You’re so mad with me. Hit me and you’ll feel better.”“Stop it.”
Ella Adamian lives in a small country named Armenia and writes in English. She also hides her identity, so that the local law enforcement bodies won’t fine or detain her for her explicit erotic novel “His Name is Killian.” Currently she’s working on the sequel of her first book.