Welcome to my stop on author Lauren Layne’s Virtual Book Tour for Just One Night, presented by Tasty Virtual Book Tours. Please leave a comment or question for Lauren to let her know you stopped by. You can enter the tour wide giveaway, sponsored by Loveswept, by filling out the Rafflecopter form below. You can also follow the rest of Lauren’s tour here, the more stops you visit, the better your odds of winning. My review of Lauren’s book will post this afternoon as soon as I get back from a medical procedure.
8 Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Facts About Just One Night by Lauren Layne
- Riley's older brother was originally named Jack until I realized I had a brother Jack in a different series. Jack became Liam, and as soon as I made the change, Liam came alive in my mind and started begging for his own story. Crazy what something as simple as a name change can do!
- The scene with Riley and Sam and their new puppies was a very late addition. It wasn't part of my outline, and I had no idea that Riley wanted a dog. I snuck it into the very last draft, and my editor was like, "Wait what? Oh, okay!"
- The epilogue was originally meant to wrap up the Stiletto series, but I deliberately planted the seed for a fourth book. You'll know when you read it :)
- I lived in NYC while writing the Stiletto series, but Brooklyn's a mystery to me, so I had to reference the subway map with this book more than any of the others!
- Riley's pink dress on the cover was originally white. What's up, Photoshop!
- Riley's the only one of the "Stiletto girls" whose name was the same from conception to publication.
- The bar that Riley and Sam go to after the softball game is based on the whisky bar, On the Rocks in Hell's Kitchen (NYC neighorhood), which was close to my home at the time I was writing the book.
- Sam named his distillery ROON, which is a play on the Irish word a rún, (loosely) meaning "secret." He had his secret/forbidden feelings for Riley in mind when he named it. Awwwww, right?!
By Lauren Layne
Sex, Love and Stilettos Series, Book 3
Publisher: Loveswept (Random House)
Release Date: April 22, 2014
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: 252 Pages
About the book:
New York’s hottest “sexpert” has been living a lie—and it’s up to one man to keep her honest . . . all night long.
Riley McKenna knows sex – good sex, bad sex, kinky sex…Her articles in Stiletto magazine are consistently the publication’s most scandalous—and the most read. But Riley has a secret…all that sexy talk? Not an ounce of it comes from personal experience. Her own bedroom escapades are more limited than even her best friends know. When her editor requests that all columnists write something more personal for Stiletto’s anniversary issue, Riley turns to the one man she’s always been able to count on and calls in the favor of a lifetime.
Sam Compton would do anything for Riley McKenna. Anything except be her experimental sex toy. He refuses her request. At least until she tells him that it’ll either be him or she’ll go to someone else. And that, Sam can’t accept. Reluctantly he agrees to her terms—one night of completely meaningless sex in the name of research. Riley thinks she’s prepared for what awaits her in Sam’s bed. After ten years of writing about sex, actually doing it shouldn’t be that different, right? So wrong. What starts as “one time only” becomes “just one more time.” And then one more. And before they know it, Riley and Sam learn first-hand that when it comes to love, there’s no such thing as just one night.
Lauren Layne graduated from Santa Clara University with a B.S. in political science that she has yet to put to good use. After dabbling in an e-commerce career in Seattle and Southern California, Layne moved to New York City, where she now writes full-time. She lives with her husband and their plus-size pomeranian in a tiny Manhattan studio.