Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. To play along, please do the following:
- Share the first line (or two or three ) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments.
- Make sure to share the name of the book and the author so we know what you're reading.
- Feel free to share your first impressions with us based on the first line.
- Link your post at Rose City Reader, or if you don't have a blog, leave it in the comments below.
My choice this week for Book Beginnings is from Bound (A Fairy Story) by Sophie Oak:
Once upon a time, in a land closer than you would think…
The light made her eyes burn, so she was happy for the enormous shadow that suddenly blocked the sun. As her vision adjusted, she realized that the shadow had the most piercing eyes she’d ever seen. Meg Starke shrank back in fear. Well, she shrank back as far as the chains binding her would allow.
My thoughts: Interesting beginning, makes me curious as to where Meg is and why she's bound by chains.
- Grab the book closest to you, any book will do.
- Turn to page 56.
- Choose the fifth (5th) sentence, or a few more (just don't spoil it too much).
- Post it on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, post it in the comments below.
- Link your post to Freda's Voice.
My Friday 56 is also from Bound (A Fairy Story) by Sophie Oak:
My thoughts: Things are definitely getting hot between Meg and Beck:)
About Bound(A Fairy Tale) by Sophie Oak:
Megan Starke has never been special to anyone. With an unrewarding job and a failed marriage, no one would confuse her life with a fairy tale. So when she is kidnapped and taken to a magical world to be the grand prize in a fierce and bloody tournament, she isn’t sure if she is in a dream or a nightmare.
Beckett Finn was supposed to be Prince Charming. He and his brother, Cian, were to inherit the throne of the Seelie Fae and rule over a fantasy kingdom. But the thrust of a traitor’s blade stole that future. Now the brothers are fading, cursed by their royal blood unless they find a mate who can restore them. When Beck sees Meg, her body calls to him and he knows she is the key to their salvation.
Bound by passion and fate, it’s time for Meg to find her happily ever after.
Note: There is no sexual relationship or touching for titillation between or among siblings.
So what are you Friday Book Beginnings and Friday 56? Please play along and if you decide to follow my blog, let me know in the comments and I'll return the favor.