Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader. To play along, please do the following:
- Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments.
- Make sure to share the name of the book and the author so we know what you're reading.
- Feel free to share your first impressions with us based on the first line.
- Link your post at Rose City Reader, or if you don't have a blog, leave it in the comments below.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Ayanna Barker moved in time with the fairground’s loud music as she stood in line at the beer tent. For a brief moment, the skies were silent as the air show regrouped for the final demonstration which would be followed by a huge fireworks display. So for the time being, it was solely the music that pulsed through her.
It sounds as if Ayanna is having a good time:)
The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice. To play along:
- Grab the book closest to you, any book will do.
- Turn to page 56.
- Choose the fifth (5th) sentence or a few more (just don't spoil it too much).
- Post it on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, post it in the comments below.
- Link your post to Freda's Voice.
My Friday 56 is also from A Marriage of Convenience by Aliyah Burke
The droning of the dial tone reached him. She’d hung up. Just like that. Just a short goodbye and then…nothing. Her tone…so distant.
So what are you Friday Book Beginnings and 56?