Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. To play along, please do the following:
- Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments below.
- Make sure to share the name of the book and the author so we know what you are reading.
- Feel free to share your first impressions with us based on the first line.
- Link your post at Rose City Reader, or if you don't have a blog, leave it in the comments below.
The book currently on the Kindle is One Man Advantage by Kelly Jamieson.
"I guess she’s working her way through the team one by one. It’d be faster just to have a gang bang.” Cody Burrell, defenseman for the Minneapolis Caribou, smirked at the ESPN reporter who’d just asked him how he felt about his ex-girlfriend dating one of his teammates.
The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice. To play along:
My Thoughts on this: Only takes about two words - Dead Man! Anyone who would have this lack of respect for someone else's feelings and even for themselves to say something like this is without a doubt a king sized jerk and a moron to boot! Clearly this is a man who wants to meet up with a frying pan upside the head...lol
- Grab the book closest to you, any book will do.
- Turn to page 56.
- Choose the fifth (5th) sentence or a few more (just don't spoil it too much).
- Post is on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, post it in the comments below.
- Link your post to Freda's Voice.
My Friday 56 is also from One Man Advantage by Kelly Jamieson:
My thoughts on this: If you are really interested in a woman, why oh why would you go look to see what else is happening around town. Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with this guy either...lol
About One Man Advantage:
After her ex trashes her reputation in front of the media and it quickly goes viral, Nicole vows she’ll never get involved with another hockey player. Too bad her job with the Minneapolis Caribou puts her in contact with sexy hockey players on a daily basis, including the newly traded center, Logan Heller.
Logan’s pretty sure Nicole is the perfect woman for him and he’s determined to have her—in and out of bed. Nicole is equally determined to never date another hockey player. But Logan has a one-man advantage…he knows what she really wants.